I know breakfast salad sounds like an alarmingly depressing concept, but stay with me. This is so delicious and so easy. I have made it so many times in the last month that I had to stop Instagramming it, lest my Instagram be nothing but obnoxious breakfast salad.
- Spread the yoghurt or labneh out on a plane into a pretty circle with the back of a spoon
- Sprinkle over zaatar (I like to coat the circle in a thin layer but use as much or little as you like)
- Chop up all your vegetables/herbs into little pieces. Sprinkle over. Add feta, if using.
- Cook the egg! I like to fry it with olive oil in a hot pan, so the white goes bubbly. It is best when the yolk is still runny so it runs into the yoghurt and is delicious. But cook your egg however you like! You could boil or poach or whatever.
- Put the egg on the salad, add salt and pepper and maybe a drizzle of olive oil?
- Nom nom nom.